Mood : thinking~~
I've been reading the blog mentioned in the entry below, and it kindda made me think - something I seldom do nowadays- about myself..
what have I achieved in the past that is worth being proud about?..
in my head, I was thinking, I'm a nobody, I've done nothing..
I've done nothing worth being proud of..
which made me sad..
so I decided to list down stuff, achievements, from my past..
just to give me a sense of accomplishment, not for boasting purposes..
don't read it if you don't like it..
in no particular order:-
1) been to the states.. even though it wasn't really because of me, being able to live and study in the states was something to be proud of.. I've sharpen my English language since returning to Malaysia, so I am proud for listening to my mum, 'Practice English with your sisters, don't forget the language.. don't listen to your friends who made fun of you and English at school, never give up..' It really is true, Mums know best.. (^^,)
2) being the youngest member in the Chorus Speaking Team in high school.. I was in Form 1 when I joined the chorus speaking team, the youngest was in Form 3, and we won the state competition.. it really boosted my confidence level, performing in front of an audience, being on stage..
3) Active during high school.. this is also something I'm proud of.. my co-curricular activities weren't just restricted to education based clubs, but also to sports clubs.. I was a team player during high school, I played for the softball team 3 years in a row and were able to play till the state championship.. we won that, got the medal somewhere in room.. (^^,)
4) receiving the Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do at the age of 15.. I was also involved in competitions and won 4 medals, 2 gold and 2 silver.. the memories are still with me, since I kindda didn't pursue this sport anymore due to some issues.. I miss it though.. (T_T)
5) furthering my studies.. although I had no real interest in the course I applied at that time, Diploma in Entrepreneurship, I still stuck to it and passed with flying colours.. it kindda grew on me after a while.. you see, I like to study, learning new things.. that's why I always ask when I don't understand something.. I'm proud to say that I received AKK or Dean's List for every semester since studying, but I felt the proudest when I received CGPA 4.00 or 4 flat in my 4th semester..
6) being MPP @ SRC (Students Representative Council), holding the title of Secretary.. I'm really proud of my self with this achievement.. being a leader has always been in my blood, my blood type is B by the way - an extrovert person [my sis said so] - during this time, I learned a lot about teamwork, about responsibility, about being a role model to others.. I sincerely hope I inspired my juniors to strive for excellence in what ever they do..
7) being active in college.. being busy with my studies and my duties as MPP, I was really proud that I didn't miss out hanging and having fun with my friends.. I was active in volleyball, a sport I came to like - even represented in SUKMA (inter-college sports competition)- and also held a position in JPA3 uniform club.. I was the vice president once before I held the title as MPP.. I stepped down so I don't go crazy.. (^^,)
8) going to graduate as one of the best students from KPM Melaka.. I've always made it my goal to graduate with CGPA 3.90, but sadly, I wasn't able to fulfill this goal.. my current CGPA is only 3.83 - minus the practical training, since the results aren't out yet-.. but I'm still proud that I will graduate as one of the best students, from DEn non-the-less, the underdogs of KPM Melaka, the despised lot.. LOL..
9) being the most reliable daughter.. LOL.. I didn't mean that my other sisters aren't reliable, it's just my mum would rely on me more to do errands for her like paying the bills, going to the bank, handling check books, driving, cooking, etc.. sure I complain sometimes, but honestly, I'm proud of my self for being able to help my mum, not financially though.. LOL.. I love you mum!!
well, that's all I could think of right now..
wow, I guess I have done stuff, accomplished things that are worth being proud of..
Alhamdulillah, thank you Allah for blessing my life..
but I know for a fact, this list will continue..
I'll keep making my self proud, making my mum proud, making my family proud..
mark my words, This List Will Continue..