Sunday, May 23, 2010

you have very nice eyes.. NOT


Mood : Relieved

Assalamualaikum and good day awesome peeps.. it's my second week of work here as a Research Assistant in UUM.. it's been okay, not too laid back, not too busy either.. it's an okay workload.. hehe.. so last week I had some kind of irritation in my eyes, which I first thought was due to a collection of dust in my eyes.. I put some eye drops and it got better.. but a few days later, the irritation came back.. even after I put some eye drops, the irritation is still there.. my eyes were a bit red, and it hurts to blink sometimes.. turns out, there was a little growth on the top of my inner eyelids.. is it a tumor ftw?! omg scary! it caused the irritation in my eyes, and it got a little bigger each day.. I was worried, hence the reason for visiting the doctor today.. whee!~~ (^^,)

I had to wait around half an hour before actually going inside the doctors room.. apparently, they're having an annual sports thingy, so only a few doctors were available at that time in Pusat Kesihatan Universiti (PKU), UUM.. whatever.. so when I got in, the doctor asked, 'what's up?..' I told him about the eye infection thingy and he lit a flashlight up in my eyes and prodded around.. and the verdict is?.. styes, or formally know as ketumbit in Malaysia.. now, what is it about this styes or ketumbit?.. well, let me shed some light on the subject, quoted from eyecaresource.com..

styes are bacterial infections that lead to the obstruction of oil producing glands around the eyelids. Styes are seen as small bumps on the eyelids. Styes (also called "sty") are usually harmless and will go away after several days on their own as your body fights the infection. there are some cases where surgical draining of the stye or the application of antibiotic drops may be required. to prevent styes in the eye; always washing hands before touching the eyes and keeping good eye hygiene, especially for contact users.

eye stye symptoms
- redness accompanied by slight pain and tenderness
- swelling of a certain area which usually appears as a bump
- tearing of the eye
- discomfort when blinking
- sensitivity to light

eye sytes treatment
- apply warm compresses for several minutes 3 to 4 times daily
- application of prescribed antibiotic drops may also be used to help fight the infection
- surgical drainage of the stye may also be necessary if the stye is not responding to treatment


my doctor told me that I might be infected by this disease due to change in weather and climate or unhygienic care of my eyes.. errr, this I have to agree with.. being someone who uses eye make up in daily wear, I actually don't have any liquid eye makeup removal, it finished a few months ago.. I use Johnson&Johnsons baby oil to get rid of my make up after a days work.. I didn't think about residual effects such as styes, I just used it cause it was effective and cheap.. guess I have to buy the removal liquid soon.. got any brand recommendation that is effective yet affordable?.. I'm on a tight budget you know, huhu..

well, it's a good thing the styes were in the beginning stage, if I didn't get any treatment, I might end up like this....
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
=====================================


scary!
(>.<) okay, back to work people!


p/s :- I'll update about my activities last Friday.. I met the Sultan of Kedah weih! =D
p/s/s :- will go swimming today after work, if it doesn't rain lah.. wanna come with?.. =)

6 comments:

Hizami Li said...

wah.
sabar sabar.
ujian sakit tu penghapus dosa dosa kecil.
;)

Fitriah said...

oh fit salu gak kena camni. what i did was time mandi cucur air lama2 kat mata. pastu dia baik la. tak sempat dia nak tumbuh besar. it works for me. hehe

Judiene said...

owh please, don't stare at me!

Just_najmiE said...

zami..

okies2, sabar sabar.. haha..

Just_najmiE said...

fitriah..

oh really?.. okies2, nnt najmie try k syg.. hehehe.. thank u for sharing! =)

Just_najmiE said...

judiene..

okies, not staring.. hahaha.. tutup mata tutup mata.. =P

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin